Summer 2012

Summer 2012
Sisters!!

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

It's still raining...and I haven't found the post its or notebads...okay I found one but it's in the shape of sunglasses and about 2 inches..must be one of Emma's. I did find Ethan and Ella's thank you notes from their birthdays (last Oct. and Nov.) that never got sent which only reminded me that I never sent Ethan's thank you cards from his 5th birthday the year before..where are those? They were so cute, it was at a fire station and I took pics of all the boys driving the fire trucks. Maybe I sent them? Urgh...how did this happen? I used to be so on top of those kinds of things.
I took my 10 year old and her friend to the mall yesterday to buy swimsuits. Found out Justice is not "cool" anymore, their suits cover too much. Pac Sun is where it's at. Took one look at the suits for my petite, hasn't come close to hitting puberty yet tween and realizing even the XS would be too big for her but the XL too small for me..how did that happen?? We left with XS string bikinis..I guess she can learn the hard way when she dives into the pool..wasn't in the mood for a big battle (wasn't it just yesterday I was fighting with my mom to shop at The Cube instead of Fred Meyers?). They begged to stop at Hollister on the way out. Is this a night club or a clothing store? Couldn't tell. Lights off, loud music, reeks of perfume/cologne ("..doesn't it smell great?!" my daughter and her friend pointed out "..they spray men's cologne through the air!!"). Great, I can already feel the migraine coming on. I was greeted by a 16 year old with a "what's up?" when I walked in, but I'm sure she was clearly thinking "what the hell are you doing in here?!" until she saw me rendezvous with the tweens.
We moved some furniture into the newly remodeled basement..kids super excited. We're getting Emma a queen bed (she's been after this for a year or two now) on Wed. when my husband can go back to the store and negotiate w/o the wife and 4 kids in tow. We're passing beds down. Four year old gets the twin bed while the toddler bed goes into storage for the two year old still in the crib. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to talk my husband into buying beds/mattresses. Everyone can stay with their beds. When tween goes to college in 8 years (yikes!)we can give 4 year old the "big" bed. Okay, just talking about beds is making me tired.
Just realized I LOVE Rascal Flatts, how did I not know about them before?? Tomorrow has to be better than today...no dead battery in the car, puking on me two year old in the rain squall (at least we were outside) and dog pooping 5 times (we don't have a fenced yard yet so I am still scooping each one at the time, except for the two I didn't have bags for today!).
Listening to J. Mayer.."..red wine and Ambien, you're talking shit again"..just listened to the actual lyrics for the first time..hmm...maybe I'd get some good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment